Wednesday, May 20, 2015

MOTD: Leaders' Stepsolution Pore-Scaling Black Aqua Mask


Hey SMAs! :D

Today I'm reviewing a mask from Leaders, a Korean based skin care company. I got this in my Mask Maven May pouch and I've been dying to try this since I got it in! :D You can buy it at Memebox, Beauteque (duh), or on eBay, if interested. Prices vary from $3 a piece to $33 for a full box of 10 sheets.

According to Memebox (like the only place that had a clear English description):
Do you have excessive sebum, dead skin cell buildups, unclean skin, and dull-darkened skin? Change your complexion with this renewing black mask enriched with various nutritious nutrients.  Formulated with extracts like Volcanic Ash, Sugar Maple Extract, Soybean Extract, and more to purify and tighten enlarged pores. 
Intriguing! I have some huge ass pores I'd like to reduce! But does it live up to hype?? Let's take a look at the ingredients.

The mask itself is infused with charcoal, one of the latest skincare additions everyone loves. It purportedly helps draw out dirt and impurities deep down in your pores, which of course makes it the perfect backdrop for a mask that claims to clear out pores!

So what about the featured ingredients?

Well, Volcanic ash is a known skin purifier (just like charcoal!), Sugar Maple Extract is a source of natural alpha hydroxy acid which aids in sloughing off dead skin cells, and Soybean extract is supposed to diminish wrinkles, reverse sun damage and even tighten sagging skin. Groovy, dude.

Enough of the science shit. On to the review!

OMG I love the kawaii stickers in Pixlr :P Also, I love this mask :D
This one has no English ingredient list, flowery speeches, or much English at all....
Mask details: The mask is made out of bamboo fiber. It was very thick (smirk) and drenched in essence. It had a kinda medicinal smell to it, but it wasn't unpleasant; just a lil weird. On the plus side, it didn't make my eyes water, and I didn't notice it after a few minutes. There wasn't much left to do The Yoosh, but for once I was glad: we'll get to that in a bit. This mask is kinda special: it's all black! This is only the second black mask I've come across so far!

Talk about being a black sheep (har har) XD

Mask Fit: This actually fit me really well! Even the eye holes were wide enough:

Yo! :D

Although the mouth hole was a little small, I am rather pleased with the fit. The mask even stayed put: no sliding off or lifting is always a plus in my book!

First impressions: Well, I put this in the fridge an hour before; it felt nice and cool, then it started to tingle.

Like, a lot.

I was like what the fuck... I know it's supposed to clear out my pores and all, but is it supposed to tingle?? O_o

I must admit, I got a little nervous, but in the name of science! I pressed on. I figured that was the AHA going to work (or so I hoped....). After a few minutes, the tingling died down, and since my skin didn't feel hot or irritated I kept it on ~40 minutes (I was watching an episode of Chopped XD), then took it off, patted in the excess serum, blah blah blah. My face felt nice and clean, looked smooth and plump. I was skeptical about the smoothness (my face almost always looks smooth after a mask :P) but I finished my routine and went about my business.

Final thoughts: I must say that this seems to have made (at least a temporary) improvement to my larger pores; I had one that looked like a fucking crater...it is reduced to more of a dent now XD My skin looks and feels better!! What's not to love (besides the tingling and weirdish smell)? Would I buy this mask on my own?? FUCK YEAH! I imagine if I use one of these a week, my pores will thank me profusely :P

I am currently eyeing a box of them on eBay, but have not caved in. I'm trying to be a good girl. Besides, I am currently working on a spreadsheet of all my masks, and... let's just say I'm gonna need a bigger box soon:

Like, real soon. Seriously.

I think I'll try a mask from my MaskGenie May pouch tonight! Squeee! I will dutifully report back my experience :)

Until tomorrow's masked adventures, have a sheetastic day! :P

xoxox,

Deena

3 comments:

  1. did it make your face whiter/brigter? I'm a tan person and i don't want my face being whiter than my body lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely brightened but it didn't look ghastly at all (on me) so you should be fine ;)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing. You're informative and fucking hysterical!
    <3

    ReplyDelete

You wanna comment? SHEETASTIC! :D