Saturday, July 4, 2015

Skincare Fun With Hydrogel!


Hey lovelies! I have a bonus post for you today! :D

As I mentioned in my last post, I have a (small) breakout on my forehead. It's not too terrible as these things go, but I decided to add an extra step in my morning routine today to help facilitate healing a bit. I also had very puffy under-eyes today, so I decided that hydrogel was just the shit I needed to help my skin :P


I bought this mask set from Bisou Beauty Bar a few weeks before I left. I used one of the Skinfood Tea Tree and Lavender Spot Patch patches (which comes in a set of two patches per package) before I left a few weeks ago and I was impressed with it. In the package, there is a reclosable hard plastic case that keeps the hydrogel moist and the patches from getting out of shape/torn. Each piece comes with a plastic back. It looks like it's meant for a cheek, but says you can use it anywhere. It fit the area on my forehead perfectly so although I look like a weirdo, it did the trick!

Even before my AB experimenting, I've used tea tree and lavender to melt away the occasional pimples I'd get. I have a 30ml bottle of a 50/50 blend that has lasted me forever. I even used it to heal my navel piercing of an infection! This stuff is truth. Both essential oils are known for their antimicrobial properties, with the added bonus of the lavender being skin soothing and anti-inflammatory.

So how does the patch hold up? Awesomely. I kept it on for about a half hour, and it was noticeably thinner. My forehead was plump and the smaller pimples way less visible. After I finished my routine, my skin looked so much smoother than yesterday! Between this and the Benton mask, my forehead is a lot happier now :D

The Koelf Ruby Bulgarian Rose eye patches were bought on eBay. I paid $15 for a container of 60 patches. I've only used these a few times since I got them. I keep the container (pink!!) in the fridge. Every time I use them, I always wonder why I don't use them more often: they soothe my puffiness and help prevent dark circles before they start settling in! They're awesome after a cry session late night wine drinking session, or when you have to get up at the asscrack of dawn to head into whatever adventure you're up to that day. They're also translucent pink with gold shimmers. Fucking adorable, man.

I cannot say enough good things about these hydrogel eye patches. There are two more varieties: gold and caviar. I would buy them just based on the experience I had with the rose ones, though (with my everlasting love of anything rose/pink/glittery...seriously, these patches are gorgeous) these rose patches will forever be a re-buy. Go buy some! They're amazing I say! :D

So now you know my tired eye trick. And my forehead 911 repair :)

Until next time,

xoxox,

Deena

No comments:

Post a Comment

You wanna comment? SHEETASTIC! :D