Sunday, July 19, 2015

July Beauteque Mask Maven Pouch Unboxing


Hey lovelies! Today I am fiiiinally getting around to my July Mask Maven unboxing (unpouching?)!! :D

It arrived quickly after they shipped it (since they shipped from NJ, I got it in two days) and I am quite excited to show you what's inside!

To those who may not know, Mask Maven is a subscription service from Beauteque that sends 9 - 11 masks each month. It's $15 plus $3.95 shipping a month, You can get a recurring subscription, in addition to buying individual monthly pouches.  (Please note that since I exclusively review sheet masks on this blog, there will only be brief details on the masks received in the July pouch. More in depth reviews will follow in the weeks to come. So many masks, so little time...:P)

I got a three month subscription... this was the last month of my sub run. I was not overly thrilled with the June pouch tbh (I got three masks that I had already...boo). I didn't get a chance to review last month's pouch... mostly because I was away for most of June and didn't get it until I came back in early July...but also because of laziness XD I will talk about it in another post, I promise! Anyway, this month I got a foot mask, an eye mask, and seven sheets masks.

Enough chatter! On to the good shit!

This month's pouch is pink! :D
The sub comes in a seemingly random colored organza bag every month. They seemed to have changed up their enclosed card for this and last month's subs!

Sorry for the shitty photo XD
July's Mask Maven Brings you closer to Asian culture. Opera masks are used in Chinese theatre to help determine the attributes of the theatrical character. Typically the Opera masks are painted on the actor's faces and the SNP Beijing Opera Brightening Sheet Mask emulates just that (OMG yayyyy :D :D :D - Deena) The main color of the sheet mask is black which indicates that the character is neutral or impartial but has integrity. So slap on the SNP Beijing Opera Brightening Sheet Mask, but please don't be impartial on sheet masks!
I thought that was fucking adorable! And yayyy for a character mask (my first ever! Why have I waited so long?? XD)


I like that they're being more descriptive, both of the masks they include and the overall theme. I like most of all that this pouch seems curated, way more so than the May pouch I received from them. Good marks, Beauteque!

Yadda yadda, what's inside the damn pouch right??

AngelLooka Ultra Moisturizing Foot Mask Pack

Mediheal Black Eye Anti-Wrinkle Mask

Esfolio Gold Mask - Gold Essence

Holika Holika Ceramide + Honey

Esfolio Milk Essence Mask Sheet

Aww, yeah! TonyMoly I'm Real Skin Purifying Mask

Urban Dollkiss Welcome to Korea Money Masks in Revitalize (green) and Skin Clear (pink). These are just too fun! 

And last, but certainly not least: SNP Beijing Opera Brightening Sheet Mask
Since Beauteque was so generous as to put a blurb about each product on the info card, let's take a look-see, shall we?


  • AngelLooka Ultra Moisturizing Foot Mask Pack: this foot mask pack helps moisturize feet as it removes dead skin cells. FYI: this mask heats up upon application. //Heh, I will put this to the task! 
  • Mediheal Black Eye Anti-Wrinkle Mask: This anti-wrinkle eye care mask revitalizes skin elasticity under the eyes with effective components such as phyto black complex, marine collagen, and silk peptide. //Sounds awesome! I'll save this for when I've had a real bender the night before XD
  • Esfolio Gold Mask - Gold Essence: Containing colloidal gold, this sheet mask is great for alleviating stressed skin by adding elasticity and nutrition. //Damn, that's fahncy! XD
  • Holika Holika: A well loved brand, Holika Holika aims to enhance natural beauty... //blah blah blah, they sent shit randomly. I got the Ceramide + Honey variety. I recently tried another from the ceramide line and I really liked it. 
  • Esfolio Milk Essence Mask Sheet: Milk protein is effective in keeping the skin clean and help to increase skin elasticity and moisture. //Got milk, baby? XD I got nothing for this one. Looks interesting?
  • TonyMoly I'm Real Skin Purifying Mask: Loved by Asian Beauty experts and newbies alike! The cute packaging attracts the novice, but the amazing effects of the mask keep the seasoned beauty lover coming back for more. //blah blah, they sent them randomly. I got the Skin Purifying one. Major props for some TM love!!! I loves me some TM masks! Although, wait a minute...I think I have this already....
  • Urban Dollkiss Welcome to Korea Money Masks: Unique to Beauteque! These masks are formulated to either lift, revitalize, clean, moisturize, or repair skin. //They sent two of these randomly. I got Revitalize and Skin Clear. I just love the packaging! I also love the company (formerly Baviphat). Their First Essence is amazing, and their lemon brightening sleep pack is lovely too :3
  •  SNP Beijing Opera Brightening Sheet Mask: The active ingredient of coconut water immediately replenishes moisture yo dry skin and improves skin function. ///Ahh coconut water!! It's the third ingredient, which is followed by niacinamide!!! I am gonna try this one in the next few days, y'all O_O

Oh, so I did get another duplicate in this pouch?! *le sigh*  Well. At least this time I didn't buy my dupe from Beauteque XD I have a lot of masks... almost 250 by my last count. I actually have a spreadsheet for my masks, which I will share (along with a blank one for you guys!) in a future post.

So this was the last of my three month sub. Will I renew?? I unfortunately will not be renewing my sub with them right now. I have more than enough masks for the rest of the year.... and beyond, even using them once a day XD You know it's bad when you're getting shit you already have from subs!! I also have many, many masks on various wishlists, thanks to the great enabling nature of the Asian Beauty community XD

I will get another sub from them in the future. They seem to be finally finding their footing with this service, and I cannot wait to see how far they come (heh) in future pouches!

I hope you enjoyed the unpouching of this month's Mask Maven. Please feel free to request a mask for me to review from these! I started booking my masks in advance, and I can see me using a couple from these picks in the coming weeks... but with so many masks, how can a sheet mask maven choose?? :P

xoxox,

Deena

No comments:

Post a Comment

You wanna comment? SHEETASTIC! :D