Sunday, July 26, 2015

MOTD: Etude House 'I Need You' Mango Sheet Mask


Hey lovelies! Today's mask is from Etude House, a Korean Brand. I have used some of their other products and I really like the company, so I was totes excited to finally try one of their masks! They are another company known for their cute packaging :3

I bought this from Beauteque for $1.99. They have the packaging wrong on their site (they have the M is for Mango from the EH alphabet mask series... might be the same mask, but still XD). I got the real lowdown from Etude House:
Mango Mask - This mask sheet contains mango extract (Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit Extract) known for its variety of vitamins and fiber, helping to provide firm and healthy skin with its sweet and gentle touch.
Dave always knows how to say it best XD
Ahhh yeah! I fucking loooove mango everything! And I sure could use a "sweet, gentle touch"... on mah face ;)

So anyway, today's featured ingredient is Mango. Fun fact: did you know that mangoes are considered the King of Fruit? Neither did I, but I'm not surprised: they are so yummy, and so very, very good for you. They are full of great nutrients, but most importantly for our skin Vitamins A (beta carotene) and C. With a powerful mix of antioxidants and skin rejuvenation stuffs, mango is where it's at, yo.

You know you want some.
Enough messy yumminess, let's get on with it.


TL;DR:

Mask 411: Standard thickness, soaked in milky essence. Smells like mango yogurt :D
Mask fit: Standard non-fitting, but covered my whole face.
Did it work as advertised? Yes!
Overall rating? This is a great moisturizing mask!


Mask details: This mask is of standard thickness. It was well soaked in a milky type essence:


I thought it would have been a real pain to soak into my face as a result (spoiler: it wasn't). I rubbed that cream (smirk) into my elbows and knees this time. Hey, it looked like lotion.... ZOMG this smells like La Yogurt's mango yogurt, I swear! (I miss them so much, I'm lactose intolerant so I avoid yogurt like the plague now T_T)

Mask Fit: The mask had a standard non-fitting fit. The mouth and eye holes were too small, the space between the eye holes a little too far. It fit just about my whole face though: It stopped 1/4 inch away from my ears, but covered my whole forehead and chin, so yay for that.

First Impression:  This mask didn't hold up as well as I would have liked. It stayed wet for all of 30 minutes before staring to dry at the edges. Laaaame. My guess is the milky essence somehow helped exacerbate evaporation or something :/ After taking it off however, my face felt great! It was nicely moisturized and plump (heh...). It took a few minutes for the essence to soak in, then I finished my routine, and went about my business.

Final thoughts:

My face is so fucking happy right now!!!

Now, usually I do not lead with a .gif but man oh man, my skin is looking fucking awesome todayyyy!

#goodskinday...glossy with a mix of sunscreen and sweat from being out today XD
This is the best it's looked since mid Spring. No irritations or zits, just smooth, glowy skin. Might be the mask, might be the new routine I have been trying out (or the new face oil I made XD). I have no fucking clue. Let's just say the mask helped push my skin over the brink to awesomeness and call it a day. At the very least, it really helped keep my skin moisturized and smooth, so I am beyond pleased with the results. Even my elbows and knees felt great today, so I know this is good shit.

I am so happy this mask worked out the way it did. I love EH's Collagen Moistfull line, so I had high hopes for this mask. They seem to have delivered. Yay! I have some of their masks on my Amazon wishlist (see the wishlist page up top) and one more from the 'I Need You' line to try... I think I might look into acquiring a whole set of their masks sooner than later :P

Do you like Etude House masks? Which one is your fave?

Until next time.

xoxox

Deena

1 comment:

You wanna comment? SHEETASTIC! :D