Thursday, July 23, 2015

MOTD: My Beauty Diary Imperial Bird's Nest Mask


Hey dolls! Today's mask is from My Beauty Diary. a Taiwanese company. They are a pretty popular mask company...they even sell them at Walmart!! (note to self: compare prices at Wally World vs Amazon XD).

I bought mine from Beauteque for $1.99. I actually got another one in my June Mask Maven pouch too *le sigh*. But you know what? MBD and TM dupes are allllllways welcome in my stash (they're my two absolute fave mask companies) ;)

Anywho, according to Beauteque:
This mask provides the skin with nourishing and moisturizing nutrients. It moisturizes dry skin, feels soft and supple like a baby's skin. The enhanced hydration meets the ultimate needs of the skin and nourishing. The combination of rare elements from the sky, the extraction of 'Swiftlet's nest', and the extraction of deep-sea plant, 'coralline', with the reputation of 'submarine bird's nest' gives the skin this superb gourmet feast. It deeply improves skin hydration, provides rich nourishment and energy, heals dry and expression fine lines, erases dullness and roughness, and makes skin translucent, tender and smooth.
*grabby hands* Give it to meeeeee

 I needed this... especially after Sunday's shitty mask (I didn't use a mask on Monday or Tuesday, I used a sleeping pack instead. I've been staying up late  and I was too tired to use a mask XD) My face really didn't like that red ginseng mask, man... or it could just be the summer heat that have caused small colonies of little bumps on my cheeks and forehead T__T. I had high hopes for this mask. The last few MBD masks I've used have been awesome, so I was hoping this mask would deliver on (at least some...) of its promises. 

Now onto the featured ingredient: Bird's Nest. 

Now, since getting into Asian Beauty I have put a lot of strange shit on my face (snail slime, namely...) but this one..... wow. This is essentially bird spit. And expensive as fuck, too. It is considered the caviar of the East, and for good reason. This can go for about $2,500 per kilogram in Asian countries O_O. I cannot seem to find any definitive studies about its efficacy in skin care, but man... many Asian people believe in it. They not only use it in skin products, they actually eat it.

Uhh, no thanks. But I will put it on my face ;P

This mask also features another ingredient, coralline. Coralline has many helpful properties, one of note is its anti-inflammatory properties, which can soothe the skin, reduce redness and increase cellular cohesion. Interesting!

Enough nature talk: On to the review!



TL;DR:

Mask 411: Thin, easy ripping, well soaked with a plastic backing. Smells nice :)
Mask fit: Oblong mask with weird slits all over. Fits my whole face though.
Did it work as advertised? YES
Overall rating? OMG I loved it!!! Totes amaze :D


Mask details: Like most MBD masks I've tried, this mask had a light, floral scent. I must say I didn't know what to expect it to smell like (bird spitttt XD)The mask is on the same level of thickness as a TM mask (very thin...), comes with a plastic backing, and it was dripping with essence! Although there was precious few drops left in the package, the plastic liner had lots of essence left on it so I did The Yoosh with it.

Mask Fit: I actually do not particularly care for the fit of MBD masks. They are kinda oblong, and with all the fucking notches on them, I inevitably ended up ripping it in at the chin T_T But it did cover my whole face, so there's that.

First Impression:  Ohh man, this felt sooooo gooood on my face, especially after a long hot day. The mask stayed wet for over 45 minutes. I took it off finally so I can drink my beer properly XD  After taking it off, my face felt smooth and plump! It took a few minutes for the essence to soak in, then I finished my routine and went about my business.

Final thoughts: Well, my face feels fucking amazing today!!!!! ZOMG my bumps have started clearing up!!! In some places they are fucking GONE. My face still feels nicely hydrated and soooo soft. I cannot stop touching my face (and I prolly should XD). No kidding guys: this mask soothed my irritated skin and really helped hydrated it. These are important attributes for me, especially in the summer! Wooooo!

Would I repurchase this variety? Fuck yes. MBD masks are a great price (at usually ~$12-14 for a box of 10) and always deliver. I will never not have any MBD masks in my stash. They are a great brand through and through. I have another bird's nest mask from MBD (they have three different kinds I think? LOL) so I will make sure to try that one next month. I also have one more of this Imperial BN mask too... methinks I am hoarding it for a day when I really need some Skin 911. 

Have you tried this MBD mask? What did you think about it? I'm curious to see if anyone else loved it as much as me :P

Until next time.

xoxox

Deena

No comments:

Post a Comment

You wanna comment? SHEETASTIC! :D