Friday, May 22, 2015

MOTD: The Face Shop's Real Nature Mango Seed Mask


Today I'm reviewing a mask from The Face Shop, which is a Korean brand. It's another Korean brand that's very popular here in the States. They have two retail stores that I know of in NYC; I actually picked this up from the one in Koreatown! The shop was tiny but packed with all sorts of skincare products, makeup, and OF COURSE sheet masks! The mask was $2 but they had a promotion that if you bought 10 masks you got 3 free so I happily obliged. I was with my BFF at the time, so I split them with her <3

My Epic Zit War has been pretty much conquered at this point (huzzah!!!), but as a precaution against future breakouts I am still using Noxema 1x a day (at night), so these days I prefer masks with moisturizing/hydrating properties. As a result, I decided to use this particular mask because it promised deep moisturization... but mostly because it was mango (well, the seed anyway :P). I love mango! I love the fruit, mango flavored things, the way it smells, ALL THE MANGO THINGS XD

So why is it mango seed, and not the mango flesh (the yummy part!)?

Mango seed is known for being an excellent moisturizer chock full of vitamins. Mango seed oil also helps keeps your skin hydrated without being overly oily or greasy. What's not to love about all that??

Let's get on to the review, shall we?


It has English yayy! :P
Mask details: The mask was made of 100% organic unbleached cotton (according to the packaging...and they were very adamant about it--it was the first line of English on the package XD). It was of average thickness, decently soaked in essence. It had a wonderful smell (not quite mango-ey, tbh, but very sweet smelling), such a 180 from yesterday's mask -__-. I had enough to do The Yoosh (yayyy mango-ish smelling boobies! XD) 

Mask fit: It was the standard not-quite-right fit. I had to tear the eye holes and stretch the mouth hole for a comfortable fit. It stayed in place, but I was pretty stationary while wearing it, so I did not test its endurance in that respect.

First Impression: It felt awesome going on my face (after a stint of 2 hours in the fridge). I kept it on for 45 minutes, about the point when the edges started to dry and curl. When I took off the mask, my face was plump and dewy. It took a few minutes for the remaining essence to soak in, then I finished my routine and went about my business. 

Final thoughts: When I woke up today, my face was soooo soft and wonderful feeling. Even after washing my face with my Mizon Pore Clearing charcoal cleanser (it tends to be a little drying... but it gets results), my face didn't feel squeaky! My skin still feels amazing! I love this mask!!! Viva la mango seed! :D

Would I buy this again? Hell yeah! Getting it from the store in bulk might be OK if they still have that promotion, but I could just as easily order it through eBay or another online vendor and pay less per piece ;)

Until tomorrow's sheetastic adventure,

xoxox,
Deena

1 comment:

You wanna comment? SHEETASTIC! :D