Sunday, May 17, 2015

Beauteque Mask Maven: May Pouch Unboxing


(Warning: picture heavy post...)

Hello dolls!

Today I am showing off sharing my first ever Beauteque Mask Maven subscription pouch! :DDD

I had never been really interested in the beauty box subscription craze before, but the thought of getting random sheet masks I might never have bought or heard of otherwise delivered every month seemed like a great idea. Plus, I call myself a sheet mask maven, so it's just fitting, no? ;)

The Mask Maven is a subscription service that sends 9 - 11 masks each month. It's $15 a month plus shipping, You can get a recurring subscription, in addition to buying individual monthly pouches. They say you will receive all kinds of masks including sheet masks, hand and feet masks, hair masks, wash-off masks and more. I can't say I'm too excited about anything other that face masks/wash off masks, but from what I could see from people who've received MM pouches in the past, it's more sheet masks than anything else (plus, why not try some new stuff besides sheet masks??). Please note that since I exclusively review sheet masks on this blog, there will only be brief details on the masks received. More in depth reviews will follow in the weeks to come (so many masks, so little time...:P)


I got a three month subscription... I'll decide after that if I want to continue with it or not. I put it in (heh) right before the cut off date for the May box. It arrived quickly after they shipped it (since they shipped from NJ, I got it Friday wooo!) and I am quite excited to show you what's inside!

I got a total of 9 products: a mask pack, a wash off mask, a set of hand masks, and 6 sheet masks.

SO let's get to it!



The monthly pouch came via First Class mail. It was packaged in a pink (squeeee!!) organza bag with a cute piece of paper with a quote and a brief note about how to use all the products included--nice touch.


So what's inside you say???

My new prettiesssss :DDD
Here are all the included contents:

First up is this little guy from It's Skin, the Todak Todak Nutrition pack. Seems promising. Not sure if I will review it here, as it's not a sheet mask... but then again, who knows....

Next up is a sheet mask from Han Aka, the Whiteness+ Cherry Blossom mask. It features tranexamic acid (?). I love anything cherry blossom, so this mask is on the top of my list to try! :D

Next up is a mask from My Beauty Diary, the Apple Polyphenol mask. I have tried a couple of MBD masks and I rather like them (I bought a whole box of the Royal Jelly variety. I love it!!) so I was pleased to see this. From doing research on the Green Tea mask, I learned that polyphenol is grrreat for troubled skin, so I look forward to trying this one :D

Next is a wash-off mask from Etude House, Scrub Massage Yogurt, I love this company's packaging (and their collagen Moistfull sleeping pack!!) so I look forward to trying this.

Next is a sheet mask from Humanpia Costech, the (I think?) Daylight and Hue Tomato essence mask. I swear I'd have had a whole salad on my fucking face by the time I go through all the masks I have XD No joke though: tomatoes are great for you: inside and out. I would have never though to buy a tomato mask, so I am really intrigued by this one.

Next is a sheet mask from Etude House, a plain ol' Honey mask. Don't let my blase tone fool you: I love honey masks (see three paragraphs ago lol). Like I said before, I really like the products from this company I've tried so far, so yay! Not a high priority to try right away though.

Next is a hand mask pair from Nature Republic, the Shea Butter Hand and Nature Moisture Hand Mask. I've always wanted to try some of their stuff, but I will admit I am a little apprehensive to try this, I have huge hands... store bought ladies' gloves never fit me right so I can only imagine what sort of (tiny) hands these were made for >_<

Lana is one of my many spirit animals XD
Anyway, I will do a review of this soon, so look out for it ;)

Next is a sheet mask from Leaders Stepsolution, the Pore-Scaling Black Aqua mask. I've never heard of this brand, but I am pretty eager to try it! Huge pores are one of the things I struggle with on my face :/

Last but not least is a sheet mask from Missha, the Pure Source Aloe.... I already had three of these masks in stock (remember my super awesome haul post? LOL I keep bringing it up...), so this was the only kind of bummer for me... Don't get me wrong, I don't really mind per se (I suppose this is bound to happen, what with the amount of masks I hoard own) as I really like aloe sheet masks. I actually used it last night; I stuck it in the fridge for an hour and after I finished my Epic Zit Battle, I put that sucker on. ZOMG, after burning off my face the Noxema salicylic acid pads, this shit felt AMAZING! Why did no one tell me that putting sheet masks in the fridge was such a great idea????I'll use one again and give you a full review another time ;)

All in all, I am rather pleased with this month's selection. There were some brands I like, some I wanted to try, and some I didn't know. I look forward to trying and reviewing my new pretties! :D

ETA: I am finally on Reddit and /r/asianbeauty! I will start posting on there soon (my username is deelishdiscord of course) :D

I also got my MaskGenie May pouch in yesterday, so look for that unboxing tomorrow! xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment

You wanna comment? SHEETASTIC! :D