Monday, June 1, 2015

MOTD: My Beauty Diary Broccoli Mask


Hey Sheet Mask Addicts! Sorry for the week break. Shit has just been stir cray cray in my life... it's not all sorted out yet, but I actually missed blogging, so I decided to get back on the horse :P

In honor of today's MOTD, I am kicking off Salad Week! Every mask I use this week will feature a veggie you would find in a salad! :D

Anywho, today's mask is from an all-around AB favorite company, My Beauty Diary. They are a Taiwanese company, but their masks are so ubiquitous they even sell them at Walmart. Fucking Wally World, ya dig?? I tell ya, AB is taking 'merrica by STORM!

I bought mine from Beauteque for $1.99. I actually (no surprise) bought a bunch of masks from them (aside from my Mask Maven sub). According to Beauteque,
This mask will give you a smooth, youthful glow! Broccoli works wonders for the skin: it's packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants like beta-carotene. It also contains sulforaphate, a naturally occurring molecule that has anti-aging properties and can even treat the effects of sun damage on the skin. It is ideal for boosting and brightening the appearance of dull, rough, or wrinkly skin. Pineapple, lime, and apple extracts brighten the skin and gently exfoliate, while cucumber extracts soothe and cool. Aloe and hyaluronic acid intensely hydrate thirsty or dull skin for a gorgeous, dewy look.
Intriguing! I'd never heard of broccoli being used in skincare, but at this point in my AB journey, I am not surprised to see it featured. Apparently broccoli is great for all the things! Broccoli is one of my fave veggies. I like it raw (heh), steamed, sauteed, baked, cooked in meat (ala beef broccoli), in a salad... all the ways :D

Fun fact: did you know that broccoli is related to cabbage, kale, cauliflower and Brussels sprouts? I never knew that (thanks Wikipedia)!

Enough gabbing, on to the review!


Sorry for the shitty photos... I need to use a real camera D:


Mask details: The MBD packages always amuse me. They are so small and cute! The mask had a light, floral scent--I was half expecting it to smell like broccoli XD The mask is about standard thickness, comes with a plastic backing, and it is soaked in essence! Although there was precious few drops left in the package, the plastic liners has lots of essence left on it so I did The Yoosh with it.

Mask fit: I actually do not particularly care for the fit of MBD masks. They are kinda oblong, and with all the fucking notches on them, I inevitably end up ripping it in at least one place. But they do cover my whole face, so there's that. Then there's the un-smoothable air bubbles.....

First impressions: It felt cool and delicious (see what I did there?) on my face. I managed to watch a whole episode of The Moon Embracing the Sun (yeah, I got hooked on a K-Drama......) and it was still rather damp. My face felt smooth and plump! It took a few  minutes for the essence to soak in, then I finished my routine and went about my business.

Final thoughts: Well, I had a small breakout on my forehead that's been lingering for a few days. I am not sure if it was this or the COSRX AHA I just introduced to my face last night, but my pimples are definitely diminished and my skin has stayed soft and smooth alll day. I cannot stop touching my face (and I prolly should; don't touch your face all day, kids). Might just be the AHA. but I do think the mask at the very least helped soothe my face after the chemical assault so yayyy for that!

Would I repurchase? Despite the fit, I would. This is the second MBD mask I've used, and I really like them even with the shitty fit. But who am I kidding.... there are very few masks that I've used that have a decent fit anyway, so whateverrrrrr.They are a great price (at usually ~$12-14 for a box of 10) and are always dripping with essence. Not only that, but they actually leave my face feeling nice long after I use them.  It's a totes rebuy! :D

Are there any masks that you've been curious about, or have seen no reviews for that you'd like me to try? Please let me know. I'm always on the lookout for new and interesting masks! :D

Til tomorrow's mask,

xoxoxo
Deena

No comments:

Post a Comment

You wanna comment? SHEETASTIC! :D