Sunday, July 5, 2015

MOTD: Leaders Mediu Amino Clearing Mask


Hello lovelies!

Today's mask is from Leaders, a Korean brand. I bought this from Beauteque for $2.20. I bought it after getting another mask from them (that I loved!) so I was super excited to try it, especially after reading the description:
 Purifies the skin and leaves a shiny gloss. The Amino acid, Cystein helps to brighten skin. It contains vitamin C derivatives and lotus extract to remove impurities in skin and result in a clean and clear skin. 
Oooh, just the the thing I need! This should be pretty freaking awesome, right??

Well. They were right about the shiny gloss, anyway.

Let's get into the featured ingredients before we get into that.

  • Cystein is one of the amino acids that many plants and animals produce. According to Paula's Choice, amino acids act as water-binding agents (aka, they help with keeping moisture in the skin) and some have antioxidant properties and wound-healing abilities as well.
  • Lotus extract I've mentioned in another mask review. It seems to be known more for its anti-wrinkle and elasticity boosting tendencies, as far as I can tell.
  • Vitamin C is an antioxidant, widely used in skincare to treat and prevent aging, especially from sun exposure. It can also be used for the treatment of hyperpigmentation.

This all sounds awesome! Too bad the mask didn't deliver on its promises....but then again, why did I have my hopes so high??  -__-

Enough ingredients shit. On to the review!



Mask details: This mask had a nice clean smell. It is a cotton mask that was fucking soaked with essence, and I had a lot left in the package to do The Yoosh.

Mask Fit: This was the standard not-quite-fitting. I had to rip the eye and mouth holes for it to be comfortable, but it did fit my whole face so yay for that :D

First Impressions: This mask held up for a loooong time. It lasted through an episode of Orange is the New Black  was still pretty wet! My face felt really greasy when I took it off, and I waited for over 15 minutes for it to soak in...an my face was still damp and greasy O_o. I only put on my serums and emulsion, I skipped my other moisturizing steps and went about my night. My face felt greasy even as I went to bed an hour later.... what the everloving fuck?

Final thought: My face felt fine in the morning (and very moisturized...the greasy glow was gone, thankfully), but I don't really care for the greasy feeling the mask left behind. On the plus side, it didn't do anything to make my breakout worse... but it didn't clear out anything either. 

Booo. 

I am truly disappointed, because I really loved their Stepsolution Pore-Scaling Black Aqua Mask sooooo much! Bleh. I have another mask of theirs from the Mediu Amino line in my Mask Maven June sub, but I'm sure I won't be getting to using it anytime soon. This is definitely not a rebuy, folks.

Have you tried this mask? What are your thoughts on it? Should I give this line another chance? DO let me know!

Until next time,

xoxo,

Deena

No comments:

Post a Comment

You wanna comment? SHEETASTIC! :D