Friday, July 24, 2015

MOTD: Hey! Pinkgo Girl Black Rose Collagen Intense Hydration Mask


Hey lovelies! Today's mask is from Hey! Pinkgo Girl, a Taiwanese brand. They have the cutest packaging! I'm serious, go look at their other packages. Just fucking adorable :P

I bought this in a box of 10 for about $13 on Amazon, from a seller authorized to sell this brand in the US. This was one of the first masks I bought after getting into sheet masks! :D This finally made its way back into my rotation...it was banished for months (more on that later) XD.

 According to the listing on Amazon:
Hey! Pinkgo Girl Black Rose Collagen Intense Hydration Sheet Mask brings together an array of anti-aging ingredients that offer firming, toning and lifting benefits while effectively meeting your skin's need for hydration to visibly plump the complexion.

The SGS-approved thin mask features black rose extract to promote skin repair at the cellular level and address the underlying causes of premature signs of aging. Collagen firms and strengthens sagging weakened tissue, while hyaluronic acid binds moisture to the skin to hydrate and reduce the depth of fine lines.

Prevent sagging and fight numerous signs of aging with a single moisturizing sheet mask. With every use, you'll get a boost in hydration and reveal a more youthful complexion.
Sounds totes amazing right?? Add to that my love of all things rose scented and I was all like

Give it to me baby! XD

This mask claims to feature rose extract, but take a look at the ingredients list:
Water, Tremella Fuciformis Extract, Xanthan Gum, Glycerin, Algin, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Caster Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Allantoin, Ethylhexylglycerin, PEG-8 Isostearate, Trehalose, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Rose Extract, Cucumber Extract.
Wait, what? Really!? Is there that little bit of rose in there?? O_o

*double snap*
As you may or may not know, ingredients are listed by volume from most to least on any given cosmetic or other ingredient list. In my experience with sheet masks and featured ingredients, they are usually in the top 10 (top 3-5 in a really great mask) ingredients. This one has rose next to last.... so let's just call this mask rose scented.

The real featured ingredient of this mask is tremella fuciformis extract.

Tremella fuciformis (also known as snow fungus, silver ear fungus, and white jelly mushroom) extract reportedly increases moisture retention in the skin. It also contains an enzyme that acts as an antioxidant in the skin. It also has many other great benefits, including anti-inflammatory effects. Fascinating! I will concede (begrudgingly) that Snow Fungus Collagen Intense Hydration Mask does not sound sexy. Might as well throw some rose extract for the smell and call it that! Also, wtf is a black rose?? Is that a real thing?? XD

Alrighty, then. On to the review!

TL;DR:

Mask 411: Tissue paper thin, well soaked with a plastic backing. Smells like roses :D
Mask fit: Oblong mask that clings to your face like whoa. Fits my whole face, nicely placed holes.
Did it work as advertised? I'd say so, kinda...
Overall rating? I don't love this mask, but I don't hate it either.


Mask details: This mask is soooo fucking thin.....it made the My Beauty Diary mask seem thick in comparison. It had a plastic backing, and it was dripping with essence!! Not only that, but there was so much essence left in the package, I literally poured it on my chest.... it was kinda funny, now that I think about it. It was way more liquid than I expected I guess XD

Mask Fit: I really like the fit of this mask. The holes were placed well. It was kinda oblong, but unlike MBD masks there were no annoying notches... but I inevitably ended up stretching it out at the mouth area T_T What I like the most about the mask is the way it clings:


It was like a second skin, with minimal air pockets. I love that. When I first used this mask, I tore the shit out of it and I was so frustrated, I stopped using them. Now that I know what I am dealing with, I see that its thinness is its greatest asset and its Achilles' Heel. Fancy that.

First Impression:  This mask held up like a champ. It stayed wet through an entire episode and a half of True Detective (I was a bit behind...) before staring to dry at the edges. After taking it off, my face felt soft, smooth and plump. Although... once the essence soaked in, my face felt a little dry. Huh. I didn't care for that much, as you can imagine. I finished my routine, and used a little more of my occlusive (Tony Moly Eco Snail Moisture Gel... loooove it) that usual.

Final thoughts: Well, my face looks and feels great today! There are some small bumps still lingering, but for the most part they're gone now yayyy! My face didn't feel overly hydrated as I would have expected (but based on the dry face I got after the mask, I am not surprised) but this seemed to help calm the irritation I have been having the past couple of days and (most importantly) didn't break me out XD

Would I rebuy this? I have to say maybe. I'm pretty meh about it tbh.

Emma Stone's shrug captures my feelings for this mask perfectly.
I still have a few of these left. I gave away like half of them (I think...). I'd probably buy another variety of this brand, but not this one per se. I wouldn't mind getting it as a gift or something though! LOL I will use the rest of the ones I have in stash at any rate. It'll be awhile before I use one again though.

Tonight I am totes treating myself to something really nice to offset this one's mehness XD

Have you tried this mask? If so, what did you think? Is it worth checking out the other varieties from this brand? Let me know!

Until next time,

xoxox

Deena

No comments:

Post a Comment

You wanna comment? SHEETASTIC! :D