Saturday, July 25, 2015

MOTD: Dermal Platinum Collagen Essence Mask


'Ello dolls! Today's mask is from Dermal, a Korean brand.

They seem to be a hidden gem brand; I haven't seen much buzz about them on the AB circuit, in any case. Which is a shame, really. I have tried a few of their masks so far, and they are always great! They need more AB love :P

When I saw this mask all I could think was


I mean wow. Platinum on mah face? Sheeeeet, I don't even own anything platinum! I wanted to feel like a rich bitch for once, so I was more than happy to use this mask last night :D

Anywho, I bought this mask in a 16 piece multi pack on Amazon for $12 (with free shipping for Prime or for orders over $35), which comes out to $0.75 a piece! You know I love a good bargain! It's one of the cheapest masks you can get in the States, it seems (assuming you're buying in bulk anyway XD). I couldn't find much about this mask on any website in English, sadly, so I typed up the package description:
It contains Colloidal platinum which absorbs into your skin very naturally also it is very effective for removing harmful active oxygen on the skin and keeps your tired skin all the more fresh and elastic all day long.

Vitamin E and Collagen--it provides your tired skin nutrition and makes your skin healthy and bright.

Whoa... you had me at platinum, baby!
Ok, that sounds fucking awesome. And the ingredients??
Water, glycerin, butylene glycol, hydrolyzed collagen, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, portulaca oleracea extract, colloidal platinum, betaglucan, panthenol, tocopheryl acetate, polysorbate 80, disodium edta, xanthan gum, methylparaben, fragrance.
Hmm. It's in the top 7 of the ingredients list, so I guess I won't bitch about it. Why? A few reasons. This is a super cheap mask, so I would have been very suspicious if this had a high concentration of such (what I imagine to be) an expensive ingredient. Also, this line of mask clearly tell you in the title that this is a "platinum collagen" mask. I expected more collagen as a result.

So platinum in skincare, huh? Apparently it's a very potent antioxidant. Antioxidants, (as we all know) are so important for our skin. They help reduce skin oxidation caused by UV rays and other environmental factors. So you want to ingest as many antioxidants as you can--both in food and skin products (note: I am not a doctor, ok? XD). The mask also contains vitamin E (tocopheryl acetate) and portulaca oleracea extract, which is a succulent that is chock full of vitamins, many of them being antioxidants in themselves.

Let me also give a shout out to collagen and aloe---

I see you. And I lurve you. 
Sounds great, right? Let's see how well it did....


TL;DR:

Mask 411: Kind of thick but well soaked in essence. Smells like a sheet mask :D,
Mask fit: Fits my whole face, mouth/eye holes were small.
Did it work as advertised? Yes!
Overall rating? This mask is awesome!!!


Mask details: This mask is kinda on the thick side, especially in comparison to in comparison to the Hey! Pinkgo Girl mask from yesterday. Wow, what a difference XD. For being such a thick mask, it was just dripping with essence!! It had a nice, non specific smell that I've come to associate with sheet masks.

Mask Fit: The mask fit me alright, although the eye and mouth holes were a little too small so I stretched them out a bit and it was fine. It covered my face from cheek-to-cheek so that was a major plus :)

First Impression:  This mask held up pretty well. It stayed wet for about 45 minutes before staring to dry at the edges. After taking it off, my face felt ahhmahhzing. Soft, wet, plump (heh...), just great. It took a few minutes for the essence to soak in (my face did not dry out...). I finished my routine, and went about my business.

Final thoughts: Well, my face looks and feels great today! My skin still feels soft and hydrated, even now! Yassssss! My skin has had it rough so far this summer, and now it seems to be back on track to awesome! Thanks Dermal mask!!

Woot woot! <3
It just comes to show: sometimes you get more than you pay for. Just because something is cheap doesn't mean it's no good. The mask said it would leave my skin feeling fresh and elastic, and it delivered. What more can you ask for? I'm no mask snob: as long as it hasn't been reported to burn anyone's face off, I'll try it XD 

I'm glad I took a gamble and ordered these. I will definitely be reordering another 16 pack when these start running low. They are a lifesaver to have around. Don't get me wrong: this is no TonyMoly or MBD, but if you need a really decent sheet mask that will moisturize/hydrate and not break the bank, then this is the line for you, my dear.

Have you tried any Dermal masks? If so, what did you think? 

Until next mask,

xoxox

Deena

1 comment:

You wanna comment? SHEETASTIC! :D